Camper English is a freelance spirits and cocktails writer in San Francisco. He chronicles his explorations of fine drinking at Alcademics.
Since they’re not up on the Tales site, I thought I’d use the Tales Blog to announce the panelists for the Regional Trends in American Cocktails session taking place Saturday, July 19th at 10:30 AM. We’ve got some great people with big-picture perspectives on popular cocktails and trends in the US.
- Camper English (that’s me) lives in San Francisco and writes for the SF Chronicle and other local magazines, plus national ones like Wine & Spirits.
- Jeffery Lindenmuth (my panel co-leader) lives outside New York and writes for giant national publications like Men’s Health.
- Paul Tanguay is a cocktail consultant who has developed menus for the Sushi Samba chain and other restaurants down the east coast and in other parts of the country.
- Sonja Kassebaum co-owns the North Shore Distillery in Chicago and reports on trends in the midwest on her blog.
- Karen Foley is the publisher of Imbibe Magazine and keeps track of booze not just in the Pacific Northwest, but all over the world.
We also have a special guest cocktailian for the seminar. Scott Beattie, who is in charge of the drinks at Cyrus restaurant in Healdsburg, is making one of his hyper-local cocktails just for us!
I hope this will help entice you to attend our talk on Saturday.